2 Ingredient Coconut Laddus
If you’re stuck in a fix and need a quick dessert on the fly this recipe is the answer to your prayers. Coconut Laddus are easy and absolutely delicious. With only two main ingredients these can make any ammeter cook look like a sweet dish superstar!
Indian festivals and sweets are spoken in the same breath. While there are many homemade sweet varieties the laddus have their special place. Nariyal ke laddu is a popular Indian delicacy for any occasion. These can be made using fresh coconut or desiccated coconut to suit one’s taste. Here’s a quick delicious treat to make for any celebration.
- Dried desiccated coconut/ fresh grated coconut* - 1 ½ cup
- Condensed milk - 200 grams or half tin
- First take the dried desiccated coconut or a fresh grated coconut after the milk has been squeezed out.
- Take condensed milk and simply mix it with the coconut in a bowl until the whole mixture is incorporated. Adjust the quantity of the condensed milk according to your taste preference.
- Now roll out the laddus in your palm to give perfect ball shape.
- Garnish the laddus with nuts of your choice. Feel free to get as creative as you like.
- Fresh coconut refers to the flesh from a dried coconut from which the coconut milk has been extracted. It will be slightly moist as compared to desiccated coconut. Using this will give you a more mildly sweet taste as the amount of condensed milk used is reduced to compensate for the moisture in the coconut.
- If you are using fresh coconut you may need to let the laddus set in the fridge for about half an hour.
- You can make many variations to this coconut laddu recipe like using cocoa to make chocolate coconut laddu, you can also dip them in melted chocolate and make chocolate coconut balls. You can also add some khoya (milk solids) to the mixture and make khoya coconut laddu.