Cluster Beans 101
Cluster Beans are native to India and eaten abundantly all over the country. They are highly nutritious. High in dietary fibre and calcium they are great for heart health and strong bones. They also contain nutrients that are beneficial for maintaining a healthy digestive tract and prevent irritable bowel syndrome.
Taking off the tips
- Always ensure you pick bright green and firm cluster beans. If they are wilted you should avoid using them.
- Pinch the tip firmly in your hand and twist it off to discard.
- Cluster beans don’t even need to be cut. They can be broken using your fingers.
- Break the cluster beans into roughly 2 inch pieces. Due to their natural length you can just break most into half or thirds.
- To cut them into smaller pieces you can stack a few at a time on your cutting board.
- With the help of your knife, cut the cluster beans into 1-2 centimetre pieces.