How To Repurpose Leftover Rotis
A delicious way to repurpose your leftover rotis, these crunchy chips are better than nachos and oh-so-easy! We present you with two awesome ways to enjoy them. Create your own customisations and let your imagination run wild!
- Day old chapatis - as many as you want
- Oil for deep frying
For the first variation
- Chaat masala
For the second variation
- Amchur powder
- Red chilli powder
- Cut the chapatis into eight pieces, similar to a pizza. Using scissors for this is easy and mess-free.
- Heat up the oil until it is ready to deep fry. Put a tiny test piece and if it bubbles vigorously and comes to the surface then the oil is hot.
- Now pop the chapati pieces in one by one. Make sure you work quickly so all the pieces cook at the same time. Dumping them in all at once could cause them to stick.
- These should take no more than 2-5 minutes to crisp up. When they get a nice light golden-brown colour they’re done.
- Once they're crisp, transfer them onto some paper towels to soak up the extra oil.
- Variation 1: Take them out and plate them up with some tomatoes, onions, coriander and chaat masala. Enjoy them with some tangy green chutney.
- Variation 2: Alternatively, you can sprinkle some chaat masala and red chilli powder on them and eat along with some yummy white butter (makkhan).
You can even toss these into a bowl for your next party and serve along with a dip of your choice. We guarantee your guests will love these homemade chapati chips better than nachos!