How To Repurpose Leftover Idlis - 2 Ways!
Here's two delicious ways you can repurpose your leftover idlis - Deep Fried Idli & Masala Idli! You can also let your imagination run wild and create your own customisations!
- Idlis - 6
- Onion - 1 small, chopped
- Tomato - 1 small, chopped & de-seeded
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - ½ tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp or to taste
- Coriander - few leaves
- Ghee - 1 tablespoon
- 2 Pans
- Slotted Spoon
- Paper Towels
Deep Fried Idlis
- Take your leftover Idlis and cut them into slices.
- Heat some oil in a pan.
- Once the oil is hot, drop in one idli at a time and deep fry them until they are crisp and golden brown.
- When they turn crispy and golden brown, take them out and place them onto some paper towels to drain all the excess oil.
- Serve these delicious fried idlis with some chutney or ketchup!
- Take your day old idlis and dice them into cubes.
- Heat some ghee in a pan.
- Once the ghee is hot, add some mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Then add in the diced onions and cook them until they are soft and translucent.
- Once the onions are translucent, add the red chilli powder, turmeric powder, and salt.
- Lastly, add the tomatoes and stir only for a minute. Do not cook the tomatoes entirely.
- Finally, add your diced idlis and mix until all the pieces are coated evenly with the masala.
- Garnish your masala idlis with some coriander and then serve it with your favourite green chutney!