Tandoori Confetti Salad
A bright vibrant salad with a tandoori zing that can be served as a side or as party appetisers.
Serves: 6 | Prep time: 30 minutes | Cook time: 5 minutes
- Baby corn - 1 packet, chopped
- Sweet corn - 1 cup, boiled
- Paneer - 100 g, cubed
- Red capsicum - 1 large, chopped
- Yellow capsicum - 1 large, chopped
- Green capsicum -1 large, chopped
- Onion - 1 large, chopped
- Ginger-garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Green chillies - 2, chopped
- Hung curd - ½ cup
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Cumin powder - 1 tsp
- Garam masala - ½ tsp
- Amchoor powder - ½ tsp
- Kasuri methi - 1 tsp, toasted and crushed
- Tandoori colour - pinch
- Lime juice - 1 tbsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
Curry Mayo Dressing Ingredients
- Mayonnaise - 2 tbsp
- Hung curd - ¼ cup
- Curry powder - 2 tsp
- Chat masala - 1 tsp
- Mint leaves - 2 tsp, chopped
- Salt - pinch
- Pomegranate seeds
- Lettuce cups
- Take a medium bowl and add in all the marinade ingredients. Mix them up well.
- In a large bowl combine all the vegetables and mix them well.
- Add in the marinade and incorporate it thoroughly.
- Cover it and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- When the vegetables are almost done marinating prepare the curry mayo dressing.
- For this combine all the dressing ingredients in a bowl mix them well to get a smooth mixture.
- Fill this in a squeeze bottle for easy handling later. If you don’t have a squeeze bottle a spoon will do just fine.
- Now in a pan take a tablespoon of oil and on high heat, toss and saute the vegetables. The high heat ensures that the vegetables stay crispy and retain their bright colours.
- Remove them from the heat and let them cool down completely. Once cooled, chill them in the fridge.
- To plate them up, separate some iceberg lettuce leaves into small lettuce cups. Spoon a bit of the mixture on each leaf and top it with the curry mayo dressing, a small sprinkle of chaat masala and the juicy pomegranate seeds.
- These cup sized salad bites are ready to serve! Alternatively you could a large portion on a bed of lettuce or even make it a fun do-it-yourself for your guests!